Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Cheese and Me

Post one in a series for June entitled FOOD
from my blog group Homesteaders and Homeschoolers.


I have this thing for dairy.
I love milk, yogurt, and cheese.
Oh boy, do I love cheese!
I will eat any kind of cheese you put in front of me.
Any kind except that pepper jack stuff.
That's not for me.
One thing I don't like are peppers.
And who's jack?
Back to cheese...
I went to Paris when I was pregnant with Zoe and did not eat the cheese because a lot of it is not pastuerized.
Maybe the French ladies do, but I didn't want to chance it.
It was one of the big downsides of that trip.
So I had escargot and croissants instead.

I love baked goods as well.
Breads and pastries are things I like to make at home.
One of my favorite recipes to make are for Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits.
They are light and flaky and chock full of sharp cheddar cheese.
Check out the recipe on my food blog Dinner at Cheshire Farm.

Another great recipe that calls for cheese that I love is for something I call Summer Salad.
It's got greens, walnuts, apples and here it goes...Goat Cheese.
I've been making this salad since probably 1999.
I used to only make it in the summer, hence the name.
But now I'm all crazy and make it anytime of the year.

Potatoes.
I love potatoes as much as I love cheese.
It's really a horrible combination to have now that I am in my forties, but what's a girl to do.
I love a gooey, cheesey potato gratin and if you try this recipe, I think you will see why I love potatoes and cheese so much.

What's your favorite food?
Care to share a recipe of your favorites?




1 comment:

  1. My mom's turkey casserole is my all time favorite thing to eat. :)

    ReplyDelete