Monday, January 28, 2013

A Memorable Meeting With Pie

I met two ladies online a few months ago. 
Carla lives on a 10 acre in-progress farm and Laura is a homeschooling mama.
I met them in a roundabout way through my friend Melissa. 
We have met in person twice.  
We plan on getting together at least once a month.
We had our second gathering on Saturday.
We call our little "club" Homesteaders and Homeschoolers.
The Homesteaders are myself and Carla.
The Homeschoolers are Melissa and Laura.
We are a nice blend of personalities, ideals, and values.
We are calling our gatherings "meetings."
This month's topics were varied.
Here's what we talked about in no particular order...

daughters
Disney World
sex
our hair
hairy men
mistakes
pie
booze
Shakespeare
ex-loves
current loves
crotches
blood pressure
movies
bees
family
celebrity crushes
anger
travel

It was a good time.
It's the first time (well second now) in a long time that I have had a wonderful kid-free evening with women whose company I truly enjoy.
It's a chance to make new bonds with women I admire and who make me laugh.
It's been a long time since I have done things for myself.
Homesteaders and Homeschoolers Meeting #3 can't get here soon enough.
Thanks ladies.
Thanks friends. 

Carla, moi, Melissa, Laura


3 comments:

  1. awww....this post makes me love you a bit! :) Look at all of us pretty gals up there! We ARE pretty awesome together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post!! It kept that meeting's laughs going as I was cracking up thinking to myself, yep the official Meeting Minutes seem to be correct. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second the motion for the meeting minutes to be approved! :)

    ReplyDelete