Monday, June 11, 2012

You've Got To Fight..

We have a sick cat today.
Popcorn was seen sitting in the living room in the "chicken" position this morning...paws tucked under himself and head drooped down.
When I went to him, he did not look up and I pulled his face upwards and he had some crazy third-eyelid action happening.
He was a hot-mess.
He was fine yesterday...playing in the pasture with a garter snake while we ate dinner on the deck. 
He slept inside last night, curled up on our couch.
After assessing his hot-messedness, I moved him to Gigi's bed.
We went to swim lessons and then checked on him again.
Still sleeping.
He hadn't eaten a thing.
He decided to get up around noon and went to the litterbox...YAY!
But that joy was quickly stifled as he left the litterbox and proceeded to lay down in front of it, chicken-like again.
That was when Zoe noticed he had peed where he had been laying on Gigi's bed.
Ruh-row!
The vet's office is closed from 12:30-1:30, so I had to wait until 1:35 to call them.
That's when it got interesting...
"No appointments today. 
We are completely booked.
No matter that your cat is sick, we are completely booked.
You have to go to Springfield at 8:30 in the morning tomorrow?
Well, drop him off before that.
We are very busy today, one of our doctors is going out of town for two weeks tomorrow.
That's the best I can do for you.
If things get bad for him overnight, call the emergency line."

Ummm, I don't think so.

I have learned that I must fight sometimes.
As I have learned to fight for Zoe in her medical care, I also must fight for my pets' care.
I must fight for those who can not fight for themselves.
Who don't have a voice.
Who need my help even when others won't listen.
Our pets on our farm are a part of this family.
And when one of my "kids" gets sick, big mama is gonna take action.
 
We have an appointment today at 3:30.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment