Thursday, November 3, 2011

Wishes

I'm a bit superstitious and wishful...

When I used to see a digital clock hit the time 11:11 I would make a wish.
I would wish for things beyond my control, usually for my kids to have good health.
I don't wish on 11:11 anymore.
I no longer wish upon stars and fuzzy dandelions that I blow on.
Other than knocking on wood when I speak of my kids and their health, I don't have the urge to wish for things close to me anymore.
But I have a list stuck in my head that I have a longing for, things that are but in a dream.  Some comic and some somber...
I wish more people understood the concept of good karma and of paying it forward...
I wish we still lived in Chicago, near the lake and near our friends... 

 

I wish the Occupiers nothing but triumph.  Everyone I know is part of the 99% and you are in a haze if you think you aren't or couldn't be there in a heartbeat...

I wish winter lasted only two months instead of the usual 5-6 that we get here... 
 

I wish more sunsets ended my day in a blast of orange and pink... 

I wish I didn't constantly misspell their and weird (spellcheck helped me on this)...  

I wish my mother had never made me wear these huge glasses... 

I wish I had a copy of White Boned Demon...

I wish my grandmothers could have met my daughters...

I wish Madison were still here...


I wish the greedy wouldn't get greedier because they are destroying the planet that we live on all for the sake of a dollar...

I wish someone would invent something that instantly destroyed the odor of cat poo
like BOOM  and it's gone!

I wish more people cared about the social injustice in this world and the diseases of innocent children robbing them of their futures instead of which of their shows on TV are getting cancelled...

I wish these two kids could have known what a boring and normal childhood felt like because now they will never know...  
   


No comments:

Post a Comment