Friday, August 5, 2011

Daniel Day-Lewis and Ziploc Bags...

Some of the things that make me, me...also known as my quirks and secrets...

- I put my compact discs (yes, I still have a lot) in ziploc bags.  The cases are all in the basement in a large rubbermaid tote.  I have CDs in the car, but those are mostly in cases.  When I want to hear something I just peek through my ziploc pile and make my selection.  I recently bought one of those docks for my iPhone.  I have a few tunes on my iTunes account and I listen to Pandora.  It's ok.  I mostly use the dock when I'm in the pool.  I'm trying to get into the 21st century.

-I also have to write everything down on paper.  I try to get all activities and appointments onto a calendar that hangs on the wall in the dining room. If it's not on the calendar, it doesn't exist.  I must walk by and look at it a hundred times a day.  By constantly looking at it my brain gets bombarded by the activities on it and it becomes a sort of walk-by osmosis to my brain.  

-I could drink milk everyday, all day long.  My bones must be super-calciumed.  If I get a bone scan when I'm in my sixties and I don't have perfect bones, I'm gonna be red-hot mad!

-I could also eat pizza or pasta everyday of my life.  I'm not even Italian.

-I love love love English Period piece movies.  Think "Pride or Prejudice", "Emma", "Remains of the Day".  Swoon.  I don't know if it's the outfits or accents or what, but I just adore them.  I don't think I would like to live during the time of most of those films, though.  I also adore showers, Starbucks, and my iPhone. 

-Speaking of English Period piece movies...I also LOVE Daniel Day-Lewis.  Not just in those before mentioned types of movies,but in really everything he does.  I have never seen an actor totally transform himself into his characters as he does.  When he speaks at award ceremonies, he appears to be the nicest guy.  So humble and quiet.  From Daniel Plainview in "There Will Be Blood" to Cecil in "A Room With a View" to Jack in "The Ballad of Jack and Rose", I heart him and his authenticity.    

-My house has the world's filthiest windows.
Okay, maybe not the world, but they are darn dirty and I don't really care.

-The TV shows that I watch are as follows...
I Shouldn't Be Alive
Antiques Roadshow
The Real Housewives of NYC; not any of those other crazy ladies in other cities!  Geesh!
Project Runway
Top Chef 
Teen Mom; I don't know why, but i do.
Max and Ruby
Phineas and Ferb

quite a mix, huh?!  As is my life. 

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment