Sunday, February 15, 2015

The Girl Was On Fire

Today we had a birthday party for Zoe. 
She turned ten years old four days ago.
Cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents came. 

And her hair caught on fire. 
The girl's hair caught on fire as she bent over the cake to blow out her ten candles. 
And this what quite joyous for me. 
As I told her when it happened "that's awesome that your hair caught on fire!  Well, not that your hair caught on fire, but awesome in that your HAIR caught on fire!"
Because her hair hasn't been this long since she turned five. 
The birthday before she got cancer. 
And now her hair is long enough to catch itself in the flames celebrating another year of life. 
The flames OF life. 
And the girl was on fire. 

*a big thanks to her great uncle Dave for extinguishing her hair with his hands. 

1 comment:

  1. how did I miss this the first time...her hair was on fire!
    What a memorable birthday! :)