Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Today...

Today I...

Dusted the tops of the washer and dryer. 
And cleaned up into the cracks and crevices around the washer lid. 
Then took one look at my back door rug and vowed it will NEVER see the inside of my now clean washing machine. 
That thing is going in the garbage and I'm going to Target. 


Revisited the notes I made last week about our 2014 Disney Trip. 
See how I capitalized both Disney and Trip?
It's like a production. 
A full scale, over the top, 7 night event that I'm planning for 6 people. 
Full of character buffets, a Disney Princess luncheon, an airplane ride for a 5 year old who has only been on car trips and on a train once (which she says doesn't count because she was a wee baby), a water park excursion, and so much more. 
I was exhausted the other day when I was looking online at prices. 
And restaurants.  
And flights. 
And parades. 
And height restrictions for rides.
And shows. 
And I texted my gal pal Kelly to discuss some things because she is also planning a 2014 Disney Trip. 
It turns out, she's exhausted by it all, too. 

Took Zoe to the dentist. 
This is an exciting day for her. 
Really it is. 
This is the first time she's been to the dentist without her port.
When a person has a port inside their body, part of that line that delivers chemo to the bloodstream goes towards the heart. 
When you go to the dentist, plaque and bacteria are swallowed and enter the bloodstream. 
And when you have a port in, that bacteria goes into your line and towards the heart. 
SO, before you go to the dentist, you take a huge amount of antibiotics to counter that bacteria you swallow. 
We got a call from the dentist last week reminding us about Zoe's need for an antiobiotic that would need to be swallowed one hour before her appointment. 
It was with much joy that Zoe's dad called and told them we didn't need the antibiotic this time. 
And Zoe fist pumped me when I reminded her of this fact, too. 
Just another regular girl at the dentist. 

What have you done today?


1 comment:

  1. I love fist bumps with kids! Your reason was especially awesome!

    ReplyDelete