Monday, July 22, 2013

Recent Days

In recent days...

Because of my current obsession with the BBC drama Lark Rise to Candleford, I find myself talking to my modern family in old world ways...

"Zoe, would you be so kind as to bring me my iced coffee?"

"It looks as if we shall have splendid weather today.  Would anyone care to take a stroll with me to the meadow?
Hhmm?  No, you may not bring the iPad."

We took the girls to a friend's party. 
There were other girls around Zoe's age there and she just didn't jive with them.  
It's always hard to see her sitting on the outskirts of things. 
Watching from afar and not fitting in. 
We just hug her more because of it. 

Chad tried to argue with me about what group Flavor Flav was in eons ago. 
He tried to tell me that Ice Cube and Dr. Dre were somehow involved. 
Oh no he di'int!
If he can't keep NWA and Public Enemy separate or confuses Dr. Dre with Chuck D again, I may have to file papers. 
I had to remind him that I didn't spend the early '90's in a drug induced stupor. 
Jen-1
Chad-none

I think I have said it before, but it still holds true...we are becoming the Connors. 


The horse got out the other day. 
I was home with only an 8 and a 4 year old to help me. 
Terror struck me deep in my heart as the horse ran up by our garage. 
Then she came back towards the pasture. 
Then she ran up by the pool. 
Then she went back towards the pasture. 
Then she ate my pampas grass. 
Then she gave me a wild look, threw herself onto her hind legs, and became a poster child for the wild horse movement. 
I heard her declare "I'M FREE!  FREE AT LAST!"
At this point I think I peed myself. 
But, my horse whisperer ways finally took over and I got her halter on. 
As I shut the gate with her securely behind the fence I heard someone say "I hate horses."
I hope she didn't hear me. 








3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you didn't have enough curveballs thrown at you so something decided to throw you a sinker. Did you get videos along with this picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No video and this picture was not taken that day. That horse, fist shaking, that horse!!

      Delete