Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Food Ewwws

Part three in a series for the month of June entitled FOOD from my blog group Homesteaders and Homeschoolers.

I try to be a positive person.
Really, I do.
But today I'm going to post about foods that I do not like.
That I abhor.
That make me gag with an intent to barf.
Foods that make me shiver with discontent and foods that appear in my nightmares.
Nightmares where I am being force fed things that make me go "Ewwwww!"

Foods such as...

Fruit punch
-I think I hurled once as a child after drinking this. The Hawaiian Punch brand. I can't stand the smell of it. It gives me the heebie jeebies. But, since I am the BEST mom in the tri-state area, I do buy it for my kids. They must drink it at a distance of at least 15 feet from my nose, though.

Mushrooms
-I don't do fungus. Bottom line. My family goes ga-ga over the morel mushrooms that pop up in our yard in the spring. No. Thank. You.

Cooked onions
-Translucent, wormy looking, squishy. Again, no thanks.

Veal, lamb, rabbit
-On principle alone

Organ meats
-Really. Who likes these? Besides 94 year old cronies in The Home or that guy on that show "Bizarre Foods", Andrew Zimmern? No one really likes to eat organ meats, do they???

Meat in spaghetti sauce
-Something about a hunk of beef in my tangy tomato sauce gets me all gaggy.

Thick beef hamburgers
-I really hate biting into a hunk of meat and getting that bit that's all grisly or hard or whateverish. If I eat a beef burger (which doesn't happen too often) it's gotta be super, super thin. And from Culvers, Krekels, or Steak 'N Shake.

Sausages or brats
-Again, the biting into meat thing gets me with sausages and brats. Really, I'm not much into the meat thing.

Peppers of any kind
-I don't know why, but I have NEVER enjoyed any kind of pepper. Green. Nope. Red. Nope. Yellow. Nope. Spicy. Nope. Sweet. Nope. I just don't like them.

So, there you have it.
The foods on this earth that I don't like.
I'm probably missing some.
I do know that I now like some things that I used to hate when I was younger.
I can now successfully eat cooked carrots and tomatoes.
Maybe brats will grow on me.
Nah...

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting..... I notice that the foods I ended up allergic to were foods I never liked to eat. Our bodies will tell us what we need and what we don't.

    ReplyDelete