Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Is The Future Listening?


Tomorrow is Zoe's final IV chemotherapy.
It's going to be a strange day.
We are close to becoming non-reliant on medicine to make
our daughter's body behave normally.
 The future is a scary thing...I hope it hears our pleas.

The past can't see you, but the future is listening.
~Terri Guillemets


Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and
sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all.
~Emily Dickinson

I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart:
I am, I am, I am.
~Sylvia Plath
 



2 comments:

  1. I will add to your whispers, spoken words, and shouting to the winds and hope that it is carried to the future and it hears and responds with clear, healthy days for Miss Zoe!

    I am interested in hearing more about when you find out if it is gone. Do they do testing along the way or wait till all treatment is given?

    I am also interested in hearing about how her treatments may affect her fertility when she gets of child bearing age. Will she have healthy eggs? Has this been discussed at all?

    Looking forward to December 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for reaching another milestone!

    Go Team Zoe!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete