Saturday, May 5, 2012

Pretend

I like to pretend that the Pacific Ocean is right outside my back door. That way I don't get so annoyed by sand in the bathroom, down the hallway, in my bed.


I like to pretend I'm a wildlife biologist and have 300 acres of land. Why is it when I declare "let's get a wombat!" that the 7 year old rolls her eyes?


I like to pretend Gigi is not saying "I'm sexy and I know it" as we traverse the lanes of Target and the mom stares I get from other "perfect" parents are really just smiles of sisterhood.


I like to pretend that I could really and truly win American Idol next year.
I just got more 7 year old eye rolls.

I like to pretend that I planned and scoured the magazines and finally decided to decorate my living room floor in a confetti theme instead of the fact that Willie has solely decided it should be decorated with shredded up envelopes, drawing paper, and some cardboard box he found somewhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment