Monday, January 2, 2012

Butterflies

The New Year is here.
I don't make resolutions.
I just have ideas that I want to invoke within myself.    
I hope every year to be a better mom.
I have dreams of many things for my family at the start of January...travels, fun, knowledge.

Zoe and I took a spur of the moment New Year's trip to Chicago.
Visited our friend Jake when he needs a friend the most.
Ate pizza with him and his family and laughed and laughed!
Saw new baby Zane that Zoe just fell head over heels for! 


We welcomed in the new year in our favorite place other than home.  
While dad and Gigi stayed put and had their own fun eating ice cream and playing board games all weekend long.

Zoe spent New Year's of 2011 in the hospital, so this year she got to experience a new beginning with the rest of the world. 
To be just like everyone else.   
And what better place to discover what beholds a brand-new year, but at a butterfly haven.
To experience all that is glorious and new within our world together.  A metamorphosis of child and caterpillar unfolded.
Bonding with nature can be uplifting and a way to remember what it's like to be alive. 



We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.
~Edith Lovejoy Pierce






No comments:

Post a Comment