Thursday, December 22, 2011

Luminous

Light.
It's the essence of our being.
We have to have it to thrive.
To grow.
To gain knowledge.
I don't have curtains on ninety percent of my windows.
I need the light.
To see it's brilliance.
I'm most definitely a morning person.
I'm done for once the sun sets.
Light makes my flowers grow, my children grow and my mind flourish.
Light brightens my soul and makes me smile.



When Zoe has been hospitalized for any reason and we are stuck indoors at the most dreary place, no one likes hospitals, this is when our light comes through the most.
We leave the curtains open.  We leave the door to our room open.  We turn on every possible light.  We thrive.  So many other rooms there are locked up tight.  Curtains drawn.  Despair and drear have taken over.  A cave appears where a room once was.  I don't know if that's the way to get better.  To heal.  In the dark.  You need light to fight.  To progress.  To offer you the will to leave.  To turn your unpleasant ordeal into rays of optimism.

Light is a fundamental aspect of life.
It's a source of energy if you allow it in.
Energy to push through whatever steps in your path.
Energy to live another day.       


Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.
~Maori Proverb


No comments:

Post a Comment