dance team co-captain
trials and tribulations of first boyfriend
met lifelong friends
the Kennedy Center
more trials and tribulations of boyfriends (not as tear jerking as the first one due to personal growth)
cats and dogs
travel in the US
two babies in baby carriages
That's about it. Is there supposed to be more? I see so many gals my age on TV flaunting it and being successful when they write a book on pureeing veggies and hiding it in their kids' brownies or that they started a roundtable discussion group on their kid's autism/cancer/ADD that is taking the world by storm. Some days I sit here folding yet another basket of laundry and wonder...what should I be doing? I'm turning 40. I should be doing something, something artistic or empowering...
- Maybe I'll do a photography book on kids with cancer and their siblings/homeless people and their pets/everyday moms like me and their amazing kids.
- Maybe I'll form a group that empowers kids with cancer to keep living their lives to the fullest.
- Maybe I'll turn this farm into something more than what it is right now.
I have learned some things that are certain over these past forty years...
- driving the speed limit does conserve gas.
- having a husband that kisses you goodbye every morning and who makes you laugh is what's most important.
- Italy and Hawaii aren't going anywhere, I don't need to get there RIGHT NOW.
- being able to count your true friends on your hands is more important than having an array of acquaintances that are innumerable, but never really there for you.
- creating food from scratch is very uplifting, even when it doesn't turn out quite right.
- judging others only makes you look sad and weak.
- it's okay to be snooty about what kind of movies you like or what kind of beer you drink.
- your kids may be loud and have Nutella on their faces which is then smeared all over the walls and on the rug and on the cat, but boy, they are a hoot to watch. They are only small for a short time. Watch their personalities emerge and smile.
I can turn that maybe into something...stay tuned.