Thursday, January 22, 2015

A Friend Visited

An old friend came to visit today. 

We see one another maybe twice a year. 

Usually all meetings take place in my living room. 

Is it rude that I watch television while we visit?

I don't think it's an issue.

I get an occasional hiss out of my friend. 

Really, I do all of the talking in this relationship. 

I apologize for not getting together more often. 

I tell my friend that I really, REALLY do enjoy our visits. 

And wonder why we don't get together on a more regular basis?

I make excuses for my wrinkled appearance. 

I am met with silence. 

My husband will be excited by my encounter today. 

He won't have to wear a sweater over his button-up oxfords. 

That cover up his wrinkled seams and collars. 

I ironed today. 

See you in 6 months Sunbeam Steamer. 

It was a good morning for us. 


1 comment:

  1. LOL! That is about as much as I use mine. Nadia pulled it out to use it and a spider literally crawled out of the hole where you add water! :)

    ReplyDelete