Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thursday Photo

My five year old is sick. 
She's had a nasty, wet cough for over a week. 
A fever on and off. 
But yesterday she didn't eat much and then threw up at 5am. 
So, I called our ever trusty pediatrician, Dr. Brooks. 
A Medicinal Saint in my book. 
And I'm not even Catholic. 
We got right in to see him this morning. 
Her Co2 was a bit low. 
He heard a bit of crackling and "wetness" in her lungs, upper airway. 
Bronchitis. 
Blech. 
Beats cancer, though. 
Zoe was 5 when she was diagnosed with cancer, so 5 makes me apprehensive. 
I know it's irrational. 
But anytime one of my kids gets a rash or a fever or a cough or a headache or a bruise, something in me internally cries "no, no, no."
So for me, bronchitis seems okay...

3 comments:

  1. Bronchitis is okay, cancer is not. She looks beautiful in this pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture. Hope that she feels better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet she is exhausted. (and you too!)

    ReplyDelete