Monday, October 21, 2013

Optimism

Optimism
\ˈäp-tə-ˌmi-zəm\
noun
  • 1 : a doctrine that this world is the best possible world
  • 2 : an inclination to put the most favorable construction upon actions and events or to anticipate the best possible outcome

I'm the optimist in this family. 
I do have fears that reside on the inside. 
But I always put my best foot forward and strive for the best outcome. 
Whether it's cheering for my beloved Bears football team when they are down in the 4th or cheering for my daughter as we sit in a hospital room while she plays on a Wii while hooked up to an IV drip full of chemo...I'm hopeful. 

I'm optimistic that...

All of this will piano learnin' will counteract the chemo and radiation. 


That Gigi will eventually grow out of drawing on the furniture. 


That our income will increase and we won't have to struggle every single month. Every single day. 


It's interesting that my husband is the opposite of me. 
He's the pessimist in our group. 
Zoe can be pessimistic as well, but she's only 8 so I hope my views can rub off on her. 
Are we born this way?
Maybe. 
Can a life event change how some people view their world?
Absolutely. 
Positive energy in the air has got to have super hate-fighting properties. 
It just has to!
Anything is possible in the future. 
I'm optimistic about the Bears, my furniture, and about my family's future. 
I'm optimistic about it all...

1 comment: