Friday, November 11, 2011

Focus

My eyes are not the same as they were last year. 
It's easier for me to see things up close without wearing my glasses. 
What?! 
I've had to wear glasses since the 4th grade and it's so strange that instead of just being "blind", now I am both "blind and in need of short range lenses." 
What is going on??  


Because I am using one of these things more, it's a manure fork folks...


my back hurts, my knees hurt, my shoulders hurt, I hurt and
I hate taking drugs of any kind, but have found myself
taking more pain relievers than usual.


My hair just keeps getting grayer and grayer and I doubt I will ever
look this good if I let it go all gray.

So, I color it brown to try to retain some of my youth.
And speaking of hair, I have found more oddly placed hairs on my body.
Let your imagination go wild... 

Dealing with a child who is sick does not allow me the time to worry about myself too much.

Yes, I should go to the doctor to get my cholesterol checked.
Yes, I should get that mammogram my gynecologist requested 8 months ago.
Yes, I should get my hair cut more often.
But I don't.
I don't have time.
And I just don't want to.
My focus now is on a six year old and her wee little sister.

"You have to take care of yourself in order to take care of others."
But when it's happening to you it's different.
Your focus shifts.
Maybe that's why I need bifocals now.
To better focus on what's right in front of me.






No comments:

Post a Comment